A gesture as common and harmless as sharing cosmetic products can endanger our eye health.
Among the risks of sharing makeup is that the shadow of the eyelids. The eyebrow pencil, the eyeliner, and the mascara can become authentic carriers of viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms that potentially cause infections and other problems. Eyepieces are more or less critical. Therefore. It is better that when putting on makeup, your bag is yours, and no one else uses it.
ALSO READ: HENNA
Why Shouldn’t you Share your Makeup?
Although the recommendation not to share makeup is common to all products. In the case of the eyes, extreme precautions must be taken due to the unique characteristics that this area presents:
- The skin around the eye is 100 times more refined and delicate than the rest of the face.
- Blood microcirculation is slower.
- The eyes are overexert: we blink about 12,000 times a day.
- They are very expose to the action of the weather, the wind, the sun, etc.
All these peculiarities make the eyes more vulnerable to environmental factors related to the passage of time. Remember that it is the area where wrinkles appear first.
Therefore, the action of pathogenic microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, germs…) must be taken into account. Their presence is intensify if they are lodge in cosmetic products.
The Risks of Sharing Eye Makeup
The principal risks of sharing makeup include:
- Inflammation of the eyelid.
- The appearance of styles.
- The redness and itching.
- Infections such as conjunctivitis, which causes inflammation of the conjunctiva. The thin, transparent material that outlines the private of the eyelid and the white part of the eye.
Bacterial but wildly viral conjunctivitis is incredibly contagious since viral particles can live for weeks on surfaces, objects, and utensils, including makeup.
Also, you must be careful with the utensils use to make up this area. Brushes, applicators, eyebrow, and eyelash brushes, and curlers. It essential be taken into account that, as occurs with products. Microorganisms can be deposit on these materials, thus being transmit from one person to another if they are share. For this reason, and in addition to avoiding sharing these utensils with other people, it is important to extend anti-contagion surveillance to them:
- Wash brushes, brushes, and applicators often.
- Substitute them with new ones every so often.
- Ask for disposable mascara if you use a professional makeup artist.
- Use specific make-up remover products for the eyes.
Beware of Makeup Testers!
Both dermatologists and ophthalmologists especially warn about the risks of using testers or makeup testers in stores And that has been related to an increase in cases of eye problems. To avoid contagion. It is advisable to always try the products on the inside of the wrist and never directly on the specific area for which they are design. Blending them with the help of a cotton pad, never with your finger, and then cleaning the area very well a product with a wipe. You, too. Must be tremendously careful if you wear contact lenses. Since viruses and bacteria have a unique facility to adhere to the surface of the lenses, thus increasing the risk of contagion through makeup.
ALSO READ: HEALTH FITNESS
Shea Butter – Effects On Skin And Home Treatment – 2023
Shea butter is obtained from the nuts of the shea tree, also called the karitè tree (Vitellaria paradoxa). The nuts…